For this Performance Task Assessment, you will conduct an Advocacy Analysis in which you will address advocacy and the role of the nurse in relation to a healthcare program’s design and implementation within your practice, or a healthcare organization.
Assessment Submission Length: Advocacy Analysis (4-6 pages)
To complete this Assessment, do the following:
- Reflect on the criteria provided in the rubric.
- Download the Writing Checklist to review prior to submitting your Assessment
Assessment: Advocacy Analysis
- Select a healthcare program within your practice or within a healthcare organization. Summarize the program, including costs and the project outcomes.
- Describe the target population.
- Explain the role of the nurse in providing input for the design of the program. Be specific and provide examples.
- Describe the role of the nurse advocate for the target population for the healthcare program you selected.
- How does this advocate’s role influence the design of the program? Be specific and provide examples.
- Recommend at least two evaluation tools that are most appropriate for designing the healthcare program you selected.
- Provide a justification for why you would recommend these evaluation tools.
- Describe members of a healthcare team needed to implement the program you selected. Be specific and provide examples.
- Explain the role of the nurse in healthcare program implementation.
- How is the role of the nurse different between design and implementation of healthcare programs? Be specific and provide examples.